CQI and IRCA CERTIFIED OHSMS ISO 45001:2018 LEAD AUDITOR COURSE (Course ID:1929)
• ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor meets the Chartered Quality Institute & International Register of Certificated Auditors Criteria, PR357 Course Specification: ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor OHSMS Training Course.
• To provide students with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of occupational health and safety management systems against ISO 45001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
• Students who complete this CQI & IRCA Certified OHSMS Lead Auditor Training course successfully (within the five years prior to making an application to become a certificated auditor) will satisfy the training requirements for initial certification as a CQI & IRCA OHSMS auditor.
• Explain the purpose of an occupational health & safety management
system, of occupational health & safety management systems standards, of management system audit, of third-party certification and the business benefits of improved performance of the occupational health & safety management system.
• Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct,
report and follow-up an occupational health & safety management
system audit accordance with ISO 19011, and ISO/IEC 17021, as
• Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an occupational health
& safety management system to establish conformity (or otherwise)
with ISO 45001 and in accordance with ISO 19011, and ISO/IEC
17021, as applicable.
• Explain the purpose of an occupational health & safety management system and the business benefits of improving occupational health & safety management system performances.
• Explain the ISO 45001, PDCA cycle and QMS requirements.
• Explain the purpose of, and differences between, a first-party, second-party and third-party certification audit of management systems, including the role of the OHSMS Auditor in evaluating an organization’s ability to meet the customer, statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to the products and services, and the organization’s own requirements.
• Explain the benefits of third-party accredited certification of occupational health & safety management systems for organizations and stakeholders.
• Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an occupational health & safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO/IEC 17021 as applicable).
SKILLS (PRACTISED THROUGH TASKS IN SIMULATED, AUDIT SITUATIONS)
Skills are to be practiced and tested through tasks and in real, or simulated, audit situations.
• Planning the audit
• Conducting the audit
• Auditing OH&S management system requirements
• Generating audit findings
• Reporting the audit
• Following up the audit
Students are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
• The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
• The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continuous improvement.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
• The fundamental concepts and the seven quality management principles (see ISO 9000) namely customer focus, leadership, engagement of people, process approach, improvement, evidence-based decision making and relationship management.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Delegates with some understanding of the content, application, development and implementation of the ISO 45001 series of standards and who wish to subsequently practice as an OHSMS auditor.
• Management Representatives, internal auditors, 2nd party & 3rd party
auditors who are responsible to provide “value added” OHSMS audit to enable Continual Improvement.
This course is delivered in association with IQCS CERTIFICATION SDN BHD a CQI and IRCA Approved Training Partner.