The NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) covers the principles relating to health and safety, identification and control of workplace hazards and the practical application of this knowledge.
The IGC syllabus takes a risk management approach based on best practice and international standards, such as the International Labor Organization (ILO) codes of practice.
Local laws and cultural factors may form part of the study program where relevant and appropriate.
This qualification is widely taken as a first step towards a career in health and safety and is accepted by IOSH – the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health – in meeting the academic requirements for Technical Membership of IOSH (Tech IOSH).
The qualification also features a practical workplace assessment. Trainovate is the leading provider of NEBOSH in Philippines.
Unit IGC1: Management of International Health and Safety
• Foundations in Health and Safety
• Health and Safety Management Systems – Plan
• Health and Safety Management Systems – Do
• Health and Safety Management Systems – Check
• Health and Safety Management Systems – Act
Unit GC2: Control of International Workplace Hazards
• Workplace Hazards and Risk Control
• Transport Hazards and Risk Control
• Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Control
• Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Control
• Electrical Safety
• Fire Safety
• Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Control
• Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Risk Control
Unit GC3: Health and Safety Practical Application
Units IGC1 and GC2 are taught units each assessed by one two-hour written examination. Each written examination consists of ten ‘short-answer’ questions and one ‘long-answer’ question. All questions are compulsory. Candidate scripts are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH.
Unit GC3 is assessed by one two-hour practical examination carried out in the candidate’s own workplace. The assessment must normally be taken within 14 days of a written examination. The practical examination is internally assessed by the course provider and externally moderated by NEBOSH. For more info please visit this page.
COURSE PRICE (VAT Inclusive)
ALABANG – MUNTINLUPA CITY, PHILIPPINES
September 16 – 28, 2019
October 14 – 26, 2019
December 09 – 21, 2019
CEBU CITY, PHILIPPINES
November 25 – December 07, 2019