The NEW NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) covers the principles relating to health and safety, identification and control of workplace hazards and the practical application of this knowledge.
The IGC syllabus takes a risk management approach based on best practice and international standards, such as the International Labor Organization (ILO) codes of practice.
Local laws and cultural factors may form part of the study program where relevant and appropriate.
NEBOSH IGC qualification is widely taken as a first step towards a career in health and safety and is accepted by IOSH – the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health – in meeting the academic requirements for Technical Membership of IOSH (Tech IOSH).
The qualification also features a practical workplace assessment. Trainovate is the leading provider of NEBOSH in Philippines.
Unit IG1: Management of Health and Safety
• Element 1: Why we should manage workplace health and safety
• Element 2: How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
• Element 3: Managing risk – understanding people and processes
• Element 4: Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG2: Risk assessment
• Element 5: Physical and psychological health
• Element 6: Musculoskeletal health
• Element 7: Chemical and biological agents
• Element 8: General workplace issues
• Element 9: Work equipment
• Element 10: Fire
• Element 11: Electricity